- Working with you two has boosted my confidence in my teaching. I have found joy in it again that I thought was long gone. Merci! Gracias!
- [Thanks to this course] I’m less stressed out. I’m having more fun getting to know the kids and seeing them be exposed to French. I’m more focused on the teaching environment and more purposeful in my approach.
- This series made me more aware about students’ diversity and how to integrate and motivate students through their own culture and where they come from.
- I felt very safe opening up with Anna and Rachelle in this workshop. They provide thought-provoking ideas grounded in research and they provide the support to process together. I would love for more of my colleagues to attend this workshop. Thank you for your hard work!
- Each [session] targeted different aspects that I can apply in class right away.
Below is information about the intensive—just click on the title for more information.
Elevate Education Consulting (Rachelle Adams & Anna Gilcher, PhD)
June 25 – 27, 9 am – 4 pm
E.W. Stokes Public Freedom Charter School, Washington, DC
These skill-building sessions offer the World Language educator instruction in the best practices of teaching with Comprehensible Input and the brain research associated with it. The series also includes training in Total Physical Response (TPR) and Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling (TPRS). The sessions will address assessment and unit planning, & ACTFL proficiency levels and Can-Do statements. A strong emphasis on reflection, practice, and coaching will be encouraged to improve implementation. The sessions will address how to build diversity-positive world language classrooms with a focus on bias, stereotyping, and tools to address these pitfalls.