Come to the French class open house at Bonjour Books DC & try out a sample class on Thursday, January 23. Cost is just $20.
Space is limited—reserve your spot in advance at bit.ly/SampleFrenchClass
- Beginning class (novice low-novice mid) 6:30-7:00 pm
- Advanced Beginning class (novice mid-novice high) 7:15-7:45
- Intermediate class (intermediate low-intermediate high) 8-8:30 pm
Not sure which level to sign up for? Come and I will help you figure that out!
—> Can’t come to the sample class?
—> Are you ready to register for the six-week session?
Six-week session begins February 6 at Bonjour Books
$210 for six classes; $40 drop-in
- Beginning French, Thursdays 6-7 pm
- Advanced Beginning French, Thursdays 7:15-8:15 pm
- Intermediate French, Thursdays 8:30-9:30 pm
Ne nous posez pas un lapin! Venez nombreux!*
FRENCH CLASSES START ON MONDAY—in person and online.
*Don’t stand us up (literally, don’t “pose us a rabbit”)! Come one, come all!
Also, I’ve got NEW classes at Bonjour Books in Kensington on Thursdays.
FULL SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
- Advanced Beginning French 9:45-10:45 am
- Advanced Beginning/Intermediate French 12:30-1:30 pm
- Advanced Beginning French ONLINE 6:30-7:30 pm ET
- Advanced – Speak & Write with Savoir Faire: Refining Your French 1:30-2:30 pm
- Intermediate French ONLINE 6:30-7:30 pm ET
+ French for French Teachers classes begin February 4 – six-week session ONLINE
—> 4:30-5:30 pm ET
—> 7:45-8:45 pm ET
- Intermediate/Advanced French conversation 10-11 am
Thursday classes at Bonjour Books, Kensington MD
*NEW* 6-week sessions at Bonjour Books starting Feb 4!
- Beginning French 6-7 pm
- Advanced Beginning French 7:15-8:15 pm
- Intermediate French 8:30-9:30 pm
Pilgrimage to SW France – April 23-30
I’m leading a pilgrimage to southwest France this April, together with the Rev. David Wacaster, Rector of Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, and John Spencer of Wonder Voyage.
You may not know that in addition to being a French teacher, I was a longtime spiritual director and am a graduate of Shalem’s Spiritual Guidance Program. It is a true honor and delight for me to be collaborating in the planning and leadership of this pilgrimage.
Join us for a fun, prayerful, discovery-rich time of shared experience. From Toulouse & Bordeaux to the Chemin de Saint-Jacques (el Camino de Santiago de Compostela) and Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges, Plum Village & Saint-Just-de-Valcabrère, we’ll be opening ourselves up the sacred in the places we visit as well as in ourselves and each other.
To learn more & to register, go to bit.ly/Pilgrimage2France.
2nd Annual Yoga & Dual-Language Immersion in Agen, France – May 2-8
Last year was such a blast—and so successful in terms of language & cultural exchange—that we absolutely had to do it again. Half of our participants are French and the other half are American. It’s dual immersion for grown-ups with yoga to support and integrate the learning and acquisition. Such fun! Yoga teacher Galen Tromble, English teacher Judy Dubois and I are thrilled to be offering this again, with the help of local yoga teacher Sophie Coat and massage therapist Susan Barg. Learn more and register at frenchenglishyoga.com.
Rachelle and I are so excited to have launched a credit-bearing online course for language teachers!
We take you step by step along a success path to develop your Culturally Responsive CI teaching practice.
Content is shared weekly over 12 months. Each week’s instruction only takes an average of 20 minutes.
Through crystallized learning modules, curated resources, concrete
actions you can take in your classroom, and guided reflection, we walk
you through the 5 stages of Teaching with Culturally Responsive
1. Understanding CI
2. Providing CI
3. Witnessing Progress
4. Trusting the Process
5. Deepening Your Culturally Responsive CI Practice
Course Cost – $250 (less than $5/week!)
…or 4 payments of $62.50
1-4 Graduate-level credits available from University of the Pacific.
- Engaging with the modules over the course of the year earns you one
graduate-level credit with no additional work required.
- Each additional graduate-level credit requires a 3-page, typed,
single-spaced narrative report.
- 1 Graduate-Level Credit : $62/Completion of course modules
No further work or documentation is required.
- 2 Graduate-Level Credits: $124 / 6-page reflection paper
- 3 Graduate-Level Credits: $186 / 9-page reflection paper
- 4 Graduate-Level Credits: $248 / 12-page reflection paper
For more information & to register go to elevateci.com
Registration open only until November 1, 2019.
Ready to win a gold medal?
It’s our 25th wedding anniversary today, and we’re in Montreal for a week to celebrate and remember what it’s like to be just the two of us now that our 2nd child has left for college. We couldn’t resist getting photos of each of us “winning” a gold medal. See a picture of my husband George at the end of this post.
Fall French classes are starting up on September 16, and as usual, I’m offering them both in person and online via Zoom video conferencing (very much like being in person!). Take a look at the French class page on our website: elevateeducationconsulting.com/your-brain-can-learn-french. Highlights for the fall session include:
- In-person classes for adults (and teenagers) for all different levels, including a special Speak and Write with Savoir Faire: Refining Your French class for solid French speakers who want to take their French to the next level, intermediate & advanced conversation-based classes, and of course a continuing advanced beginner class.
- Online classes for brand-new beginners as well as advanced beginners/intermediates.
- Advanced French for French Teachers (online) – begins 10/1. In this online class, you will have a chance to use your French in a richer way, connect with other teachers, and experience what it’s like to be receiving Comprehensible Input at an intermediate/advanced level. (More information available here.)
If you’re ready to register, you can click here.
Don’t hesitate to email me with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.