It feels like spring today, and my energy is higher than it’s been for a while. Windows are open and I can smell a whole new season.
So, I’ve updated my website! Take a look at annagilcher.com.
New offerings this (almost) spring include a 2-part webinar through Fluency Matters in March and new openings in my intermediate conversation classes (see photo above). Click here to contact me for more information.
I’m looking forward to traveling to Vancouver, Portland, and Oklahoma City from February 23 to March 4 to present with Rachelle Adams at the Vancouver Secondary Teachers Association, the Vancouver School Board Languages Conference, and the Southwest Conference on Language Teaching. It will be a special treat to get to see colleagues and friends in Portland in between the two conferences.
Rachelle and I were also delighted to be asked to be the keynote speakers at the GWATFL (Greater Washington Area Teachers of Foreign Language) Spring Immersion Day on April 29. More info can be found here.
Here are the titles of the presentations/workshops. Let me know if you’d like more information.
- Vancouver Secondary Teachers Association – Vancouver, BC – February 24, 2017. “Illuminating Identity: A Necessary Condition for Reconciliation.”
- Vancouver School Board Languages Conference – Vancouver, BC – February 24, 2017. “90% for the Other 99%: Increasing Meaningful Student Engagement
- Southwest Conference on Language Teaching – Oklahoma City, OK – March 2-4, 2017. “Rewriting the Story: Upending Bias through Language Learning” with Comprehensible Input.”
- Fluency Matters two-part webinar March 15 and 28 at 7 pm EST: “Rewriting the Story: Upending Bias through Language Learning.” (Register here.)
- KEYNOTE SPEAKERS! GWATFL Spring Immersion Day 2017 – Greater Washington Area Teachers of Foreign Language – National Cathedral School – Washington, DC – April 29, 2017. “Multilingual ≠ Multicultural: Challenging Assumptions in the World Language Classroom”